Monday, January 6, 2014

My Year

I feel like 2014 is going to be my year! Do not get me wrong, last year was amazing but this year I am taking it by the horns and already starting off on the right foot.
I only made two New Year’s resolutions… no need to get overly ambitious and not follow through on a million things, so here they are:

  1.  Pay it forward or do something nice and unexpected for someone twice a month.
I always wanted to do this and have not gotten around to it.  You know, bring a coworker breakfast, pay for the next person in the drive though, give someone in need a lunch. Small simple things that could make someone’s day!
  1. Live a healthier life style
I obviously want to lose weight, I mean who doesn’t.  But this isn’t just about pounds. I want to live a healthier life style in mind, body and spirit.  Have a more positive outlook on life, and to BE positive.  Treat others how I want to be treated… LAUGH more! Take the stairs, park further away and walk.  Do not take a short cut.  Be less stressed… Cook dinner at home, eat better.  All of these little things will add up and will be the best way to execute my healthier life style.

It will be my goal for 2014 to live up to these resolutions.  I have started off by ironing my clothes for the entire week for work on Sunday.  Again, a small step but this will eliminate my stress throughout the week.  I also defrosted chicken to cook for dinner.  Planning ahead will greatly assist with living a healthier life style.

2 comments:

  1. What great goals, Jess! I love the idea of doing something nice for someone else each month :) Very cool! I just started at a new company that is very involved in helping out in the community, and it's made me so happy getting to give back!

    Crazy what a huge difference it makes doing something like preparing your ironing for the week ahead of time or defrosting chicken...it sure makes life a bit easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good goals!! I know you will rock them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love,
Jess