Wednesday, August 14, 2013

This past weekend I turned 27

This past weekend I turned 27. There really isn’t anything thrilling about a 27th birthday, but this was probably the best birthday I have had in years! Most of which was due to great company and many people making such an effort for me to have a great celebration. 
The weekend before my birthday, Neal organized a cookout at our apartment. It was so much fun. We had a ton of food; Neal was cooking on our huge grill and there was wine! How could this not be a great party? My close friends and family were there and it was really special.
The following weekend, which is when my actual birthday was, Neal and I headed down the ocean. The last couple of years it has become a tradition I have made to go down the ocean near my birthday- and this year was no different.  We went down on Thursday night after work and stayed until Sunday evening.  It was a short trip, which we crammed with so much fun.
Thursday night we didn’t do much.  Got Burger King on the way down, then we got settled into the condo we were renting and pretty much hit the hay.

                                   
 
Friday morning we went to Fractured Prune to get doughnuts for breakfast. Neal had never had them before, and became addicted and soon wanted them every morning. Then we spent the day at the beach.  We got Scopes, which turned out adorable and had sandwiches for lunch.  Thursday night we went to Macky’s for dinner and headed back to our condo because friends were meeting us there.  Around 7:30pm it started to rain, which always put a damper on the beach. Our friends came up around 8:00pm, right when is started to monsoon. We decided to stay in. We played some games, order pizza and I drank wine like they were going to stop making it (per Neal). 
Saturday morning I woke up… feeling 27! We went to breakfast at Bay Side Skillet and I had the best crab omelet.  Neal gave me my birthday gifts, which were an O’s hat (one I wanted for about a year) and a Chris Davis t-shirt jersey.  I loved them both.  Breakfast was followed by Mrs. Pat and Cora singing me Happy Birthday, and getting various calls from friends, and family at home.  After a nice long, I had two bottles of wine the night before- nap; we went to the beach for the afternoon.  It was a little overcast, but I still got a little sun.  For my birthday dinner we went to Fish Tales, which is my favorite restaurant in Ocean City.  There was a long wait, but we spent the time relaxing in swing chairs and drinking pina coladas… my idea of a great night.  Dinner was delicious!  After dinner we went to the Boardwalk.  We cashed in arcade tickets I had brought from a previous trip to the ocean, and took photo booth pictures.  It was a really memorable night!
                                 
 
                                                 
 
                                
Sunday morning, I gave into Neal’s new addiction to Fractured Prune and got doughnuts again.  Then we drove up Costal Hwy and went shopping.  It was a very relaxing afternoon. For a late lunch we went to Higgins for crabs.  I had been eating so much the last few days; I was already too full for their famous all you can eat.  Neal got them, and I got stuffed shrimp.  After waiting for Neal to finish his crabs… for what seemed like forever we left OC and headed home. On the way out of Ocean City we got milk shakes from Dumsers. Mine was good, but not worth the tummy ache I knew I would be getting.      
 
 I believe there was a bit of traffic, and it took a little longer to get home.  I wouldn’t actually know because I am the worst passenger and fall asleep as soon as I get in the car. I am pretty sure Neal prefers me to sleep, especially because he wanted to listen to the Ravens pre-season game on the radio- which I would not had allowed since it was still my birthday weekend ;)
Turning 27 did bring on some emotions. I always thought that I would be doing something else, living somewhere else or having a different career.  But I can honestly say that I am happier than I have ever been, and wouldn’t want my life to be any other way.  I am choosing to be happy in my current situation and live up the life I have!


1 comment:

  1. Happy 27th! Glad you had a great birthday weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love,
Jess