Saturday, August 24, 2013

Remembering that I am lucky

Often times things seem like they aren't going right- or that things will never get better.  Or when you are going through a crappy period you feel like things are never getting positive.  For instance I thought that I wouldn't see the light after some of the pain and trama I had experienced in years past.  Just because you are having a bad day doesn't mean you have a bad life (best quote ever, by the way).

Anyways, where I was going with this is- often times I dwell on things that aren't perfect, or not making me happy; and I forget how lucky I actually am.
So I decided to think about things that actually make me feel lucky...

For the first time in my life I am in a relationship with someone who I know loves me by his actions, not just his words.  Anyone can tell you they love you, but how they act and show you their love is so important.  It's all about "the little things" is an understatement.  Today he helped me not oversleep for work, and made me coffee and defrosted dinner- all without being asked.  Yesterday he made the bed and straightened up because the dog sitter orientation would be right when I got home; again he did this without asking.  He always kisses me before he leaves and when he comes home... he just makes me feel special, in away I have never felt.

Growing up I lived in a house hold where my Mom took care of everyone, especially my Dad.  I never felt like their relationship  "responsibilities" were shared.  So my relationship is nothing I have been accustomed to growing up or in previous relationships; and for that I feel lucky. 

My job has gotten me down in the dumps lately, but I need to remind myself how lucky I am to have a job; or the fact that I am not employeed working outside or doing anytype of physicaly labor.  Whew that I would make my job so much worse.  I also feel enveous for people my age who have "better" jobs than I do.  But, I need to be happy and realize I am lucky to have what I do.

Every day may not be good, but there is something good in everyday!

We all need to sit back and remind ourselves what makes us lucky- no matter if this is on a large or small scale.  Someone somewhere has it worse, and they are more positive that you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love,
Jess