Thursday, August 15, 2013

Farmers Market

There is a Farmers Market across the street from my office every Thursday in the Summer.  I have actually never been to a farmers market, but I am sure this one if pretty small, but I was completely impressed.
There were numerous stands full of fresh veggies and fruits.  There were also stands of fresh bread and cheese, along with stands where you could get a homemade Popsicle or a sandwich.
The weather was absolutely beautiful and I decided to go out at lunch.  98% of the time I pack my lunch.  When it is nice outside, and I have something that doesn’t need heated up, I love to eat outside; and today was perfect for just that!
 
 
At the market I got:
3 giant peaches: $2
2 squash/2 zucchini: $4
2 giant tomatoes: $2

I was pretty impressed with what I got! I have already decided that we are going to grill out tomorrow for dinner, and play bananagrams.  Grilled zucchini is one of my favorite side items!  Excited, as if I wasn’t already looking forward to Friday!  


2 comments:

  1. Grilled Zucchini is my favorite in the summer time! Looks yummy!

    http://youngnasawife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love,
Jess