Sunday, August 25, 2013

Dating a Baltimore Celebrity

My boyfriend is known to many as a Baltimore Celebrity. I knew this before we started dating, but I wasn't exactly sure what that would all entail.

Neal is an unofficial mascot for his tow favorite sports teams, the Baltimore Orioles, and the Baltimore Ravens.  As an unofficial mascot he goes as his altar ego, Carne Cabeza.

Carne Cabeza means "Meat Head" and is dressed as a Mexican wrestler.  He has two outfits dedicated to each team.  He also does charity work, in addition to just having a good time.

We do not have season tickets to the Orioles, but got to many home games per season.  Last Season a Mexican restaurant, Blue Agave, sponsored Neal as Carne and gave him season tickets to the Ravens.  His brother also has season tickets, which gives him the ability to be able to go to games as well.

What does it mean to go to a a game with Carne Cabeza, or even date him- you might ask... he is the star of the show, so many people either know him or recognize him, and it is a novelty- to see a guy dressed up like this; and hundreds of people want to take a picture with him.  Which honestly, is very annoying at times.  It takes a while to walk anywhere because of the constant stopping.  Another annyoing aspect is the fact that I am often photographed without my knowledge because I am near Carne.  A few weeks ago I was on TV.




At the same time, it is fun because he brings excitement in the stands and is always starting a cheer.  At games people always ask if I am bothered by the amount of girls/women that are "all over" my boyfriend for photos; and the answer is NO.  Neal would never do anything inappropriate, and for two... he comes home with me.  I am not a Ravens fan and have never been to a football game with Carne, but the routine would be the same.

Carne Cabeza at the Baysox

How would you feel dating a celebrity?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Jess! How fun!! Haha

    Sounds pretty neat to be dating a celebrity! :)

    P.S. I am back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I'm sorry, but I don't know if your blog was connected to your google account before, so I had trouble finding it again. I was sure I was following before. Anyways, how funny. In answer to your question, not like a celebrity would want to date me anyways, I steer clear of celebrities because they live in a different world than the rest of us do! But your celebrity seems pretty down to earth and rare. -Jess L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, there I am. I found myself. Sorry, I'm having a conversation with myself on your blog. =) -Jess L

      Delete
  3. I'm fro England and I'm intrigued... what is the Labor day holiday? Whatever it is, it sounds like you had an amazing time. In New York too, so jealous!

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love,
Jess